What is a Roof Restoration?
If you soon aim to renovate or sell your property, roof restoration could be the perfect place to start. Doing a roof restoration will not only add aesthetic value to your home but also increase its market value, in case you plan to sell. But what exactly is roof restoration? Every roof is bound to look old over time. Roof restoration involves cleaning, refurbishing, and exchanging the old roof materials with new ones. Elastomeric roofing in Cincinnati, OH is a perfect example of a roof restoration coating material. For roof restoration in Cincinnati, OH, call Paramount Commercial Roofing Systems on (740) 505-1467.
How can I afford a new roof?
If the main obstacle preventing you from restoring your roof is the budget, then the following roof restoration payment methods should help you achieve your dream. Here is how you ensure your roof restoration plan is pocket friendly.
- Payment Plans: If you cannot immediately make the payment for your new roof, you can agree with the roofing company on how you can make the payment of a specific timespan.
- Insurance covers: If you are a homeowner’s insurance holder, you can use the policy to cover the budget for your new roof. It is applicable when natural events such as storms or fire outbreaks are the causes of roof damages.
- Property Improvement Loans: You can also take out a property improvement loan to fund your whole project. Compare the rates, fees, and terms of the many organizations that offer such loans before making a choice.
- Home equity loan: If you have built up equity in your home, it could be cost-effective to take a home equity loan to fund your new roof project.
- Personal Loan: Lastly, you can also take a personal loan to finance the project.
Roof Restoration Types
If you are planning a roof restoration for your home and you are wondering what goes on during the restoration process, then you are in luck, here is what goes on during the roof restoration process.
There are two types of a tile roof restoration, that is; the concrete and terracotta tile roof restoration. The process involves rearranging and repairing damaged roof tiles.
Metallic roof restoration
It involves sealing the leaks and patches on your metal roof to avoid any further leakages into your home.
How Long does a roof restoration last?
If done well, roof restoration should last for a period of between 10-15 years. Within this time, the roof coating and paint should remain intact to guarantee your roof looks perfect. It all depends on how well you maintain your roof, regular cleaning, with quality products should prolong the lifespan of your roof.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
The best time for roof replacement in Cincinnati, OH, is fall. A combination of chilly and stable weather plus the fact that you are preparing for winter makes fall the perfect time. However, you can also replace your roof during the spring or summer.
How to: Roof Restoration
Roof restoration involves a thorough inspection and cleaning of your roof, followed by the application of protective coating and capping of the ridges to prolong your roof’s lifespan.
How do you know when roof needs replacing?
Here is how you can notice and deal with potential roof complications before they cause severe damage. A roof with the following signs needs replacing.
- For one, if your roof has been around for over 20 years, it about time you made some changes.
- Second, if your roof has cracked, curling, or missing shingles, it is a clear indication of a roof in need of replacing.
- Third, if you can feel the sunlight from the attic or find granule on the gutter, replace it.
- Lastly, a sagging or roof full of algae and moss is another clear indication that you need to refurbish your roof.
Roof restoration vs Roof Replacement
What action should you take when you realize your roof no longer reliable? Do you go with roof restoration or replacement? The following are the pros and cons of both approaches to help make a quick decision.
- It ensures that your roof lasts longer, it adds you an extra 10- 15 years of reliable roofing.
- The whole process is faster, ensuring you can promptly get back to your daily routine.
- It is affordable if you compare it to replacing the entire roof.
- Environmentally friendly, as it reuses part of the parts of the roof.
- If the roof has severe damage, restoration might not be enough to produce a reliable outcome.
- It is perfect for a roof that has extreme damage.
- Lasts longer, a replaced roof lasts between 20-30 years.
- Replacing your whole roof is likely to cost you more if you compare it to restoration.
- It takes time, depending on the size of your home, it will be a while before everything is back to normal.
Call for More Roof Restoration Benefits
If your roof has seen better days and you are wondering what to do to get back its impressive look, then look no further than roof restoration. Why invest in roof restoration? The following are the benefits of roof restoration.
Roof restoration extends the life of your roof, prevents leaks, increase the value of your home, and is affordable compared to replacing the entire roof. Connect with the Paramount Commercial Roofing Systems team at (740) 505-1467 for more information about a roof restoration in Cincinnati, OH.